Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me

My name is Eric Thompson. I am fifteen years old, and I turn sixteen in February. I go to Whitney M. Young high school, and I am currently a sophomore. My family consists of my older brother Jack, my younger sister Valerie, my mom Marnie, and my dad John. I am very close with my family, and my family members are close with each other. We eat dinner together almost every night, and usually spend our Sundays together. I love to play soccer and lacrosse, my parents usually comes to most of my games. I am currently playing for the Whitney Young mens varsity soccer team, which is a lot of fun. Besides sports, I love to draw. I'm currently enrolled in an advanced placement studio art class. I found a passion for drawing last year when I took a regular studio art class. The only prior history I have with drawing is cartooning quite a bit when I was a kid, specifically around fourth grade. My old school was Near North Montessori, it was located a block away from Ashland and Division. Being a montessori school, it was definitely a different form of education than most schools. It allowed us the freedom to choose our work and find our own passion for learning. Having that freedom to strive and be creative, I would definitely say it helped shape me into the person I am today. I left the school two years ago, after eighth grade, and that's when I started my education at whitney young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment